Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bad Thoughts


I’m going to recount a memory I want to forget, but its impact was too powerful to discard.

Back during my middle school years, when I was living with my mother and actually had a house to live in (Instead of an apartment), we use to have a normal backyard. Except for the part where it was 100 yards from my middle school. (I would always sleep in from late night viewings of adult swim and still be able to make it on time.) Now the only reason why I include this in is for the thing I found right across my backyard fence one morning.

A dead bird.

 Not just a normal pigeon or blue jay, but a black as night raven. Something that wasn’t common at all in that neighborhood. It’s death? A stick forcefully shoved into its neck, with dried up blood and muscle fragments on the back end of the stick to indicate it was alive when the person did it. I felt so sick from the sight from it; I quickly plucked it up and lobbed it into a nearby bush. (I did that merely to make sure my other brothers didn’t catch the sight of it.) Never mention it to anyone, till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment