Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dream Talks # 1


Dreams eh, I figure what should hook a reader in quicker than to describe how I witness my house grew half a nipple and squirted out blue bottle caps? No that’s too much; rather I’ll go into another aspect of the dream itself I had last night.

 

I’m in school, or at least what could be considered as one. There are the desks with graffiti stenciled on, chairs rearrange behind each desk and a wide arrange of middle school kids are seated in each one. The room reeked of a 90’s teacher who attempted to decorate it as if it was the 50’s. I myself had morphed back to my 14 year old self, along with the blue bottle cap from earlier. Without a single word being spoken, as if I was wearing water filled Headphones, I witness several speech bubbles slide out forth the mouths of everyone.

“For each bottle cap holds a soul…” Read one bubble: “…And we are tied to them until we die.”  I was a bit perplexed at the notion, and then looked once more at my cap. The top itself had a mint blue text that read “Oliver and Duchess’s Magical Pop”, the flip side however had what seemed to be green mold continuously moving around the outer circle.

 

*Clink*

My sense of sound had uplifted for a split second to perceive that noise.  I looked up to notice one kid had dropped his Cap onto the ground. (Perhaps he grew bored with it and flipped it up as a coin, or maybe another student had flicked it out of his hand.)Everyone had gazed at him as he gradually bent down to pick it up. Yet a decaying hand had appeared from under the cap and sunk into the carpet floor away. The boy, without any expression, stood back up straight and held his arms up like the dozens of other failed cheerleaders who couldn’t make it in the squad.

Suddenly his entire body had ripped open to reveal yellow bile of goo spray out like a broken down slip-N-slide gone wrong.  Fearing the goo would splash at me, I turned my sights away towards my hands as a mini shield. That’s when I become aware of my right hand had been replaced with the corpse hand, along with his cap.

 

 
*Awake*

No comments:

Post a Comment